Senior Mechanical Engineer
- GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences AB
- Sista ansökningsdag
- 13 mars 2016
GE Healthcares Life Sciences R&D organization in Umeå, Sweden is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their 18-person Lifecycle Engineering team focused on execution of product lifecycle engineering and Supply Chain support of new and existing Laboratory Systems and Bioprocess Hardware products. As Senior Mechanical Engineer you will design, prototype, test, and implement product & customer care solutions for the Life Sciences hardware product portfolio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and document engineering solutions for improved performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability of LS instrumentation.
- Engage in all phases of product development and product sustaining, including concept, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing and service support.
- Identify and execute strategic product quality engineering efforts.
- Lead design efforts using CAD models and assembly details to explore multiple design options.
- Create design verification/validation test plans, perform testing and write formal test reports.
- Provide guidance and requirements to new product development teams in order to improve quality of new releases.
- Interact with other service, production and design engineering teams to ensure the product quality goals set forth by the business.
- Provide R&D representation in global and cross-functional forums.
- Conduct analysis of existing and new product reliability using FMEA, risk management and DFR.
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers.
- Peer review technical reporting including senior technical approval.
- Ensure reliability, performance and delivery through supplier relationships.
- Deliver technical reports, both written and verbal, to project/product owners.
For information please contact hiring manager: Ken Zajac at +46 90 150355 or HR Manager Lina Kidman at +46 90 1502 75. Last day for application is March 13.
- BSc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong years previous engineering experience including design of electro-mechanical and/or opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Thorough knowledge of product development and sustaining engineering.
- Strong documentation and communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Swedish and English languages (both written and verbal). Valid EU working permit
- Higher education including Masters or PhD.
- Proven experience in sheet metal design including welded assemblies.
- Demonstrated technical leadership abilities.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in mechanical simulation.
- Experience working within global teams.
- Demonstrated program/project planning capability.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. We are an 18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare. Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do! At work for a healthier world. Learn More About Careers at GELearn More About GE Healthcare